Cinnamon is considered one of the oldest spices and unsurpassed ingredient in the kitchen. It has a very pleasant smell and taste and can be used as an addition to fruit salads, pies, and other desserts. It may also be added to tea and other beverages.
In fact, one has to distinguish between two types of cinnamon. One is Ceylon cinnamon, which is better and recommended for consumption. The second is the Chinese cinnamon, which is of lower quality, and as such is suitable for industrial manufacturing fresheners, scented candles and such. Chinese cinnamon isn’t recommended in the diet as it contains more coumarin than allowed. Ingredient coumarin in larger doses may cause liver and kidney damage.
See why cinnamon is good for your health.
1. It controls blood glucose levels – Many studies have shown that cinnamon has a positive effect on blood sugar levels. Cinnamon is a popular natural remedy used by people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
2. Treating fungal Infections – Studies have shown that cinnamon oil is effective in the treatment of infections due to Candida, such as Candida Tropicalis and Candida Albicans.
3. It relieves the symptoms brought on by poisoning – Cinnamon has a strong antibacterial effect and is excellent in the treatment of stomach problems due to salmonella and E. coli. Ground cinnamon, tea or oil of cinnamon, are effective in preventing stomach problems.
4. Helps in the treatment of symptoms of irritation gut syndrome – Cinnamon drastically reduces the unpleasant symptoms of headache gut syndrome, especially helps with flatulence. This plant stimulates digestion and helps in the treatment of bacterial infections. Additionally, cinnamon is an outstanding treatment for stomach cramps.
5. Helps with osteoporosis and arthritis – Cinnamon is full of manganese, which helps build bones, blood and connective tissues in the body. People who have less of manganese in the body often suffer from arthritis and osteoporosis. In pain due to arthritis can help massage oil of cinnamon or sipping tea cinnamon.
6. Cinnamon affects cognitive growth and memory – Frequent consumption of cinnamon protect the health of the mind and improve concentration.
7. It’s strong antioxidant – Cinnamon is one of the top foods rich in antioxidants.
8. Helps with weight loss – Cinnamon improves circulation and may speed up metabolism. Therefore, you will be successful in the fight with overweight.
9. Relieves muscle pain – should you feel pain in your muscles it helps you massage cinnamon oil.
11. Cinnamon improves the health of teeth and gums – Cinnamon oil is often utilised in the production of chewing gum, candy freshening breath, mouthwashes, and toothpaste. This is primarily because of the strong antimicrobial effect of cinnamon.
12. Relieves colds, sore throat, and cough – Tea made from cinnamon or tea with cinnamon positive effect on issues caused by a cold or a sore throat, and can relieve a cough.
13. Relieves symptoms of PMS – Since it’s full of manganese, cinnamon is a great way to decrease the unpleasant symptoms of PMS. This spice relieves spasms and relieves tension.
14. Against the symptoms of food poisoning – Cinnamon calms ailments caused by food poisoning, can neutralize bacteria, fungi, and other microbes.
15. Regulates menstrual cycle – Cinnamon helps women who have polycystic ovaries so they can regulate the menstrual cycle.
16. Relieves a hassle – If you are suffering from a migraine or regular headaches, first aid can be tea of cinnamon.
Use Ceylon cinnamon to eliminate coumarin related side effects.